Re: Avalanche Loading Design Info

My understanding is that an "avalanche expert" needs to develop design criteria by assessing the particular site and calculating zones and volumes of snow. I've worked with several here in Utah and find that there can be significant differences of opinion.

For your information, I'd recommend you obtain a copy of "The Avalanche Handbook" by david McClung and Peter Schaerer published by The Mountaineers in Seattle, Washington.

Barry H. welliver

Jerry Middaugh wrote:

Does anyone know who to contact for design information for buildings in avalanche zones? Thanks, Jerry Middaugh