RE: ETABS - live loads on Rigid Diaphr.

In ETABS when you apply a mass through the mass layout screen, those loads
are only used for determining seismic loads.  The mass applied to the
structure is not a load, meaning that you will not see any reactions at the
column from the applied mass.  There is one other way to apply loads to the
structure other than line and point loads.  You can model floor plates and
load the structure with floor dead and live loads.

Mark Rodgers. EIT
mailto:markr(--nospam--at)dpsabq.com <mailto:markr(--nospam--at)dpsabq.com>
Dekker / Perich / Sabatini
architecture  interiors  planning  engineering
505 761.9700
fax 761.4222