Re: 1.1 Multiplier for Seismic Forces in Concrete and Masonry

When I took the California SE Exam, it was based on the 1995 California ammendments to the 94 code.  This code took precedence over the 94 UBC for this exam.  So if you are taking this exam, I would recommend following the CA 99 amendments to the 97 UBC and if these amendments have eliminated this 1.1 requirement, I would too when taking the test.  Regardless of what LA recommends.  Also the questions do state to list your assumptions.