Plan Irr. Shear Walls

If I have a plan irregularity, (i.e. offseting shear walls), I must comply with Section 1630.8.2 using the omega factor to design the supporting elements below except that Em need not exceed the maximum force, etc, (Exception 1). Does this mean that if a holown for the shear wall above has an allowable "capacity" of 5.0 kips, that this is the maximum force necessary to design to, or is it the holdown ultimate capacity, or what??

Thanks in advance,

Larry Hauer SE