Re: yield stress

>can anybody give me an idea of actual yield stress value of
>Mild steel flats that is commonly in practice for fabrication purpose
>in INDIA.
You might want to be real careful with anything called 'mild' steel. In
the states, the term is a catch-all for steel having no specific
chemistry to render it hardenable or corrosion resistant. It could be
full of sulphur or lead for machinability, which makes it non-weldable;
the carbon level or carbon equivalent could also render it non-weldable
or non-suitable for any particular structural purpose. In any event
without a specific chemistry the yield strength could be anything from 20
to 50 ksi.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw