RE: code soil values vs. site specific values

Title: RE: code soil values vs. site specific values

Dennis:

Except for the Gulf Coast, Texas is UBC country too!

Stan

Hi Stan,
I suppose if I were in Texas, I would be doing exactly as you are. However, here in the land of the UBC we have two choices - design by a geotechnical report OR design to the worst condition of the Uniform Building Code (whichever is required by the building official)...

Dennis