Visually Graded Lumber Design Values[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAINT" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Visually Graded Lumber Design Values
- From: "vicpeng" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 11:08:22 -0700
I'm studying the UBC 1997 for timber design, in particular, heavy timber, post/beam constructions. The following items don't appear to be represented.
E.g. Table 23-IV-V-1 UBC 1997 shows "Values for joists and rafters".
1) Do these values also hold true for 2x_ on flat?
2) Where do I find values for 3x_ to 12x_ visually graded lumber?
3) Similarly; round pile values?
Does the UBC address the values that must be used for large sections design? I am reviewing from 2x4 to 12x12 D.Fir-L (North) in a variety of sizes.
Thor A Tandy P.Eng, MCSCE
- Prev by Subject: Re: Visually graded lumber
- Next by Subject: RE: Visually Graded Lumber Design Values
- Previous by thread: Re: yield stress
- Next by thread: RE: Visually Graded Lumber Design Values