RE: Beam Bearing Plate Bolts

I won't dwell too much on this since Harold already gave a much better
answer that I would have.

I will say that I tend to use embedded plates when dealing with concrete
walls.  I tend to use the double angle connection to the embedded plate
that Harold mentioned.  The fabricator/erector can have the beams with
the double angles loosely bolted to the beam with horizontal slotted
holes.  Then the beam can be lowered in place (hopefully on an erection
angle if the engineer was smart/nice...I am usually neither <grin>) and
the angles "slid" out to the embedded plate and field welded.

I will use bearing plates when dealing with masonry walls.

Scott Maxwell