Sent: Monday, April 17, 2000 10:30 AM
Subject: Sill Pl's and the 97 Code

How are people dealing with the 1997 code provisions for 3x min sill plates (V > 350 plf) at elevated floor conditions?

Alternates?  Assume a typical 4" E.N. w/ 510 plf capacity, nothing dramatic.

heavy rim joist w/ lag screws from sill to rim?

20d nailing? (I don't think 20d is readily available in nail guns, am I right?)

Looking for input.

Thanks,

Paul Feather