Lb and inflection points.

This subject have probably been discussed before, but here it goes again.

Back in school I recall being able to use inflection points as braced,
therefore allowing me to use my unbraced length to be the distance between
inflection points for areas with negative moments, specifially for continuous
beam design.

As I researched the theory more, I found in the Salmon and Johnson book 4th
edition page 510-511.  Inflection points should not be used as braced points.

Could someone please enlitten me with their theory on this matter.

Thanks
Marlou

Marlou B. Rodriguez