Re: Lb and inflection points.

Salmon & Johnso are right.  See Pages 468 and 469 of the "Guide To Stability
Design Criteria For Metal Structures", 5th Edition, by Galambos for a discussion
regarding why an inflection point cannot laterally brace a beam.  Also, try to
attend the Stability seminars by Yura and Hellwig when they come close to your
area.  They also discuss the point.

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo, CA

MRodrig273(--nospam--at)aol.com on 04/17/2000 04:11:14 PM