RE: Re: field welded moment connection design

Title: RE: Re: field welded moment connection design

>My AISC Steel Design Guide Series #3 is "Serviceability Design Considerations
>for Low-Rise Buildings".  I did not see a top of column detail in it.  Could
>you possible mean another guide, or is there another series of guides I don't
>have?

It's Design Guide # 13.

    https://www.aisc.org/publications/shop.asp?action="">

As far as the detail for a moment connection with the beam over the top of the column, check witha fabricator as to what they'd suggest. Perhaps you can turn your standard beam-to-column moment connection 90 degrees. The fabricator will be best able to point you in the direction that achieves your strength and stiffness requirements at least cost.

Charlie