RE: When do you suspend service

Dennis,

I will not ever add that statement to my plans without an agreement from
someone to pay for it. I specifically exclude it from my contract for design
services and state that if it is required by the governing body it will be
paid out of a retainer.

I personally don't think that I have to take a major hit or force my paying
clients to suffer because of deadbeats. Some may think that holding up a
project is inappropriate but I don't think it is appropriate for me to
finance someone elses effort. That is waht banks are for.

I do not even discuss field changes without a change order and agreement IN
ADVANCE. I have decided not to undervalue my services.