globalization

Hello!
I'm a grad student in the Science Journalism program
at Boston University, and I'm writing an article on
globalization and the engineering profession. Through
the course of my research, I keep wondering, to what
degree are companies outsourcing overseas to
developing countries, and is this having a significant
impact on American engineers? Is the engineering
workforce shifting, or simply expanding? I'm
interested to hear of anyone's personal experience
with or observations on corporations' foreign
outsourcing. you can email me at:

chunifer(--nospam--at)yahoo.com

Thanks!

Jennifer Chu