From: Dennis S. Wish [mailto:dennis.wish(--nospam--at)gte.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2000 9:09 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: When do you suspend service

Thanks Lynn,
Although I appreciate the other advice I received, I have always followed
your suggestion. Unfortunately, I don't know a good way to protect myself
during construction since I have no formal contract with the builder.

How do others handle observation, and other requested field changes during
construction when the architect will not include them in his fees?

Do any of you use a separate letter of intent during construction to inform
the owner and contractor of your range of fees when required to perform
certain services?

On the latest project, the plan checker made me add a statement to the
permit set that due to the complexity of the project, the EOR would make
frequent visits to the job site to coordinate and observe various stages of
construction. Now who pays for this?

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish PE