Re: When do you suspend service

Hello Harold,
I got the message......In a case like yours, I would waive my fees.....Filing
a lien to collect for services is not risk proof...all the times....
First you have the legal costs if you hired an attorney to do it for
you....Second you have no guarantee of collecting the full amount....Third
the owner may get P.O'd at you...Fourth you may not see another job from the
architect who held up your money to begin with and caused all this
fiasco....Fifth, the owner's cousin may come to visit you....unexpectedly...
Even in my humble scenario, I only collected $900 out of $1800 owed me by the
AIA...but that's the price of doing business..
What I always advise is to have an arbitration clause in your contract with
attrneys fees provisions should legal action is needed to enforce the terms
of the agreement ( ie collecting your money!!)
at least you MAY collect your costs....subject to the above conditions...

George hakim