"Home-Built" Trusses

I have a (home builder) client who wants to build his own roof trusses,
rather than go to a truss manufacturer.

He wants to use glued OSB gussets each side of each joint.  He wants to use
Elmer's Professional Carpenter's Wood Glue.  I've used Elmer's glue in
re-gluing a couple kitchen chairs; I'm not impressed.

I'm within minutes of telling him to go somewhere else.

Three questions:

1.  Is Surebond, SB-400, suitable for this application?

2.  If not, do you have (or know of) a product which is?

3.  Assuming we "can" glue the joints, is this an application in which OSB
is appropriate?

I have calls in to both Trus Joist MacMillan and Surebond on their
products, but (wouldn't you know it?) their offices are closed today.

'Appreciate any of your comments.

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561
   Phone 850-932-5547