Re: Steel Plate Availability

In the latest Modern Steel Construction issue, I saw that the normal plates
available are A36.

Ed Haninger

Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)fluor.com on 04/24/2000 01:09:14 PM

To:   SEAINT(--nospam--at)seaint.org
cc:

Subject:  Steel Plate Availability

I have some large industrial steel structures that will be utilizing Special
Concentric Braced Frames.  The bracing gusset plates will be given special
design attention and I would like to keep the thickness down by using 50 ksi
plate.  Is 50 ksi plate readily available in the 3/8 inch through 1 inch sizes??
OR should I keep life simple and just stay with A36 plate??

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Duke/Fluor Daniel