Subj:    thanks & question
Date:   00-04-19 12:38:01 EDT
From:   hs(--nospam--at)niia.net (Sandy & Harold Henderson)
To: Rbengrguy(--nospam--at)aol.com

I have an engineering type of question for you, in connection with a Reader
story I am working on.  What adjective(s) would you find it appropriate to
apply to someone who designed a large structure that lasted for a thousand
years?

 How about if he was apparently the first to design anything in this way?
And if the structure used materials that we would not expect to be especially
durable at that location?

No, this is not a joke.  I find his achievement quite impressive, but I could
use a professional opinion, since I am likely to find even "routine"
engineering
impressive once it is explained to me!

Harold
Harold Henderson
hs(--nospam--at)niia.net
219/324-2620
Chicago Reader
cityfile(--nospam--at)chicagoreader.com

312/828-0350
"When all else fails, read the directions."
**No electrons were injured in the production of this message**

Please responding DIRECTLY  to  Mr. Henderson

e-mail  :   hs(--nospam--at)niia.net

Thanks    Bob  Johnson
                SEAOI
                  NCSEA