RE: ASTM A513 Tubing

Nicholas,

A513 is an electric resistance welded mechanical tube, and is manufactured
from a wide variety of steel material grades that may either be a carbon
steel or an alloy steel.

I do not know what the T5 indicates.  Carbon contents vary from 0.08 to
0.66.  Weldability and ductility may be a big issue.  Have them submit the
heats.  The welding may have to be qualified, and should be tested.  I would
not use it if it is part of a frame requiring ductility.

Regards,
Harold Sprague