RE: SLAB ON GRADE

Andy,

The alkalinity of the concrete will destroy the vapor barrier when it is in
direct contact plus it will cause curling.  Use a real vapor barrier or at
least a 10 mil polyurethane sheet.   Use the cushion, but I would use
crusher fines.  Crusher fines compact better and hold when you drag a pump
hose across them.

Place the slab as early as possible to allow enough time for the water vapor
in the slab and the crusher fines to pass through and dry.  Use a moisture
meter to determine when you can adhere the flooring.

Regards,
Harold Sprague