RE: Beams replacement

Check out the web site http://bridgepros.com/.  There are several types of
launchers, gantries, etc. for bridge construction that you may find helpful.
Look at the "Update- Gantry Collapses on the Broadway Bridge" on the main
page, and the "Current Bridge Projects" pages.
Another source is the Florida DOT web site
http://www.dot.state.fl.us/structures/index.htm.  Look at the "Bridge of the
month" section to link to: Evans Crary Bridge; Seabreeze Bridge; Fuller
Warren Bridge; and the 17th Street Approach Span.  These sites show views of
various erection methods.  The 17th Street Approach illustrates the
"Balanced Cantilever" and the "Progressive Cantilever Method".

Regards,
Harold Sprague