From: Francisco Duarte [mailto:fduarte(--nospam--at)LEASUNG.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2000 5:42 PM
To: Seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: FIELD NAILING SPACING?

I HAVE A VERY GENERAL QUESTION CONCERTING THE SPACING FOR THE FIELD NAILING IN THE ROOF AND FLOOR DIAPHAGM.
I HAVE SEARCH  IN THE WOOD DESIGN BIBLE (I MEAN THE BREYER's) AND  I FOUND TWO ANSWERS
IN THE SECOND EDITING, IT CALLS FOR FIELD NAIL SPACING AT 12" O.C. FOR ROOF AND 10" O.C. FOR FLOOR.  IN THE THIRD AND FOURTH EDITION OF THE BREYER'S, IT CALLS FOR FIELD NAILING AT 12" O.C. FOR BOTH THE ROOF AND FLOOR. Can some one guide me to the U.B.C. code for the 10" o.c. spacing OR IS THAT A TYPING ERROR.

ANY RESPOND WILL BE APPRECIATED,

THANK YOU

FRANCISCO DUARTE, E.I.T.