tramway design

Can someone point me in the right direction for design of lightly loaded
tramways.

I have a 1/4 mile span with 300 ft drop carrying about 1000#.  A DC motor
accelerates/decelerates the trolley so it exerts a tension force on the
cable during this operation.  There is a fail safe braking system that is
hydraulic based (like a torque converter).

Being a structural engineer, I'm only designing the cable (considering sag)
and anchorages.  Mechanical engineer is picking up the other components.

Any concerns to watch out for?

Thanks for your help.

Brad Friederichs