Re: ASD vs. LRFD

Number 1, only use ASD.

>>> smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu 04/25/00 10:20PM >>>
First, let me apologize to the rest of the list for opening this can of
worms again.

I am doing and informal survey to see how many people still use ASD.
I am NOT trying find which method is better or why, but just trying to
see how many people have made the switch.

Now, a simple question for you...which of the following best describes the
use of steel design methods in your offce:

1) Only use ASD

2) Only use LRFD

3) Mainly use ASD but some LRFD

4) Mainly use LRFD but some ASD