Re: ASD vs. LRFD

My point in asking the question it appears that the vast majority of structural
engineers on this board prefer ASD over LRFD even though LRFD has been around
for a few years.  Both LRFD and Ultimate Strength Design use load factors.
 If structural engineers prefer ASD then perhaps they may be consistent in their
thinking, and still prefer working stress design for concrete. Lets face it,
alot of structural engineers change very slowly, if at all. Just as I'm  sure
that there are structural engineers that still use " The Portal Method" for
frame analysis.

I'm sorry if the intent of my question flew over your head..............