RE: ASD vs. LRFD

Just shoot me.....I use both....(specified in the previous round of
this topic) I prefer LRFD...but will work in with ASD....

I think I will go back to determining the bifurcation buckling of
beams and columns using potential energy.....ahhhhh lateral
buckling is a bifucation phenomenon which occurs only if, in the
prebuckling state, the beam exhibits torsion free bending, in a
single plane.....ahhhhh the second Piola-Kirchoff stress matrix....
ahhh...just give me the text book solution...hmmm...sometimes
you have to use first principles to solve a problem!!!!...what a
strange engineering concept...

Just joking....