RE: ASD vs. LRFD

3) Mainly use ASD but some LRFD

"Harper, Mark" <MHarper(--nospam--at)hdrinc.com> on 04/26/2000 09:18:21 AM

To:   "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc:

Subject:  RE: ASD vs. LRFD

Mainly ASD but some LRFD.
Moving more towards LRFD to keep up with the codes.
Mark Harper SE, CA.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott E Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2000 8:21 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: ASD vs. LRFD

First, let me apologize to the rest of the list for opening this can of
worms again.

I am doing and informal survey to see how many people still use ASD.
I am NOT trying find which method is better or why, but just trying to
see how many people have made the switch.

Now, a simple question for you...which of the following best describes the
use of steel design methods in your offce:

1) Only use ASD

2) Only use LRFD

3) Mainly use ASD but some LRFD

4) Mainly use LRFD but some ASD