Re: ASD vs. LRFD

Actually, our in-houre design staff does use WSD for design of pile caps and spread
footings, and tank foundations, even though our major concrete structures (e.g.,
turbine pedestals) are designed by the ACI Strength Design Method.

npitera(--nospam--at)mmm.com wrote:

> My question to all you structural engineers who predominately use ASD over LRFD
> is do you also exclusively use working stress design instead of ultimate
> strength design for reinforced concrete?
>
> Regards,
>
> Nick.

begin:vcard
n:R. Decator Jr. PE;John
tel;pager:313-275-9351
tel;fax:313-235-5126
tel;work:313-235-5068
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Engineering Support Organization;Power Generation
adr:;;430 GO;;;;
version:2.1
email;internet:decatorj(--nospam--at)dteenergy.com
title:Principal Civil Engineer
fn:John R. Decator Jr. PE
end:vcard