RE: BOCA vs IBC

You should be using the code which has been adopted by the local
jurisdiction controlling the design. If you use a different code and if
there are differences, you may not meet all of the adopted code
requirements. So you may need to buy "both" to be sure. Or you could wait to
see which codes are adopted in the areas you do work in.