RE: ASD vs. LRFD

I admit to being lazy and do not want to learn a new code. This maybe why I
prefer the ASD approach to steel design. The other possibility is I am very
concerned about the service loading on buildings, tanks and equipment
foundations. This dictates an ASD analysis. I believe the best approach would
be to do two analysis. The first a service loading to determine deflection and
natural periods. This would insure structural systems would work for day to day
operations. Then a LFRD analysis would be preformed to insure ductility and
reliability in the event of a catastrophic event. This would allow us to go
into the inelastic region to insure the structure does not collapse. Now all I
need to do is get my boss to cut my work load in half.
     What do you say Phil?

Acie Chance