RE: What does AISC's Research Show? (Was: ASD vs. LRFD)

But the question becomes:

Lead who?

Follow what?

Get out of WHOSE way?

The problem with this view is that we are typically designing U.S.
structures for U.S. sites and U.S. clients. Therefore, it becomes moot
whether the Canadian steel design code is better, unless you're designing
for Canada.

What is the size of the market for structural engineering services in
Canada?

And while we're at it, why is it that most of the preeminent engineers in
the world seem to like to come to the U.S.A. to study AND to work? Do you
think they really fret about "neanderthal design codes" in the process? Do
you think there's something else going on in their minds unrelated to such
concerns?

At the risk of sounding like one of the Buchanan Brigades:

U.S.A. First, Last and Always!