Grade 50 Steel Designation

Friends,

We typically put a note on our drawings that says steel (WF shapes) are
to be ASTM A572, Grade 50.  However, we recently had a peer reviewer say
that we should probably specify ASTM A992.

I spoke with a contact at a local steel fab shop, and he said that the
992 is probably more readily available, but is no less expensive than
the 572.  The 992 is the "dual certification" steel.

Any comments?  What do you guys specify?  Is there a reason to specify
one over the other if we're getting 50 ksi either way?

Thanks in advance,

Michael D. Ritter, PE