ASD vs. LRFD

Title: ASD vs. LRFD

Scott:

I have been out of the office since last Tuesday, and returned this morning to find 206 posts in my Listserv folder.  Most of them were votes on ASD vs. LRFD and, therefore, are "your fault".  Was this a diversion to keep your mind off the Redwings?;^>  It might be easier to just ask everyone their age, since most of those over 40 use ASD and most of those under 40 use LRFD.

My group is split, roughly 50:50.  I use ASD, because I'm well past forty and notoriously lazy.

On a serious note, although I generally like polls, I think that they would be more appropriately conducted through a website than through a listserv.  This would leave plenty of email bandwidth available for exciting topics like nail spacing and plywood diaphragms.

On a side note, my wife and I were in Washington DC (for an ASCE event, NOT for that other well-publicized event that involved several hundred thousand marchers).  Even without the marchers, it was a lousy time to tour our nation's capital.  If you are planning a vacation there, consider postponing it.  The Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, the Jefferson Memorial, the Capital, etc., are all undergoing reconstruction.  Of course, if you really like scaffolding, it's a perfect time to visit!

Regards,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Hockey Heaven, Texas

Website of the Week:  http://bartleby.com