RE: Grade 50 Steel Designation

AWS D1.1 - 2000 now covers ASTM A992 material.  Coincidentally I just check
today with our fabricators and they say A992 for wide flanges is not a problem.
However they are somewhat hesitant for use any grade 50 material for angles,
channels, and plate due to the fact they have to keep this material segregated
for proper usage and tracking procedures.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Duke/Fluor Daniel

"Crosier, Jeffrey" <croser(--nospam--at)hninc.com> on 05/01/2000 12:33:18 PM