Subj:   H1B Visa Legislation in Congress
Date:   00-04-30 19:54:27 EDT
From:   NSPE
To: Rtax(--nospam--at)BellAtlantic.net
CC: Rbengrguy, Chrispetal, ComunelliL(--nospam--at)Liro.com

Richard,
I got your message. Lou Comunelli will be contacting you to see what we ,
together ,can do to stop this mad rush to open up the gates to unlimited
immigration for technical people. We will be mobilizing our colleagues in the
various Engineering Societies as well as the technical unions that represent
thousands of Engineers. In particular, I want NSPE to take an active role in
opposing these ill-conceived bills. The present position of NSPE is to remain
neutral ! I can't believe that they are not aware of what this does to our
Profession. Our Profession , like many other segments of industry, is subject
to the "law of supply and demand". By increasing the supply of Engineers you
keep Engineering salaries low. This is what industry wants. The Engineering
Societies that represent our Profession are not doing anything to protect the
economic interests of Engineers. We need to send a message to the misguided
leadership of the various Engineering Societies. If they don't get on board
and start protecting the interests of the average Engineer, they will need to
be replaced. It's in their long term interest ,as well as the interest of the
Profession, to promote higher Engineering salaries so that we may attract
bright students to our Profession and at the same time elevate the stature of
our profession. It's amazing what higher salaries will do to the standing of
a profession!!
Regards,
Sal Galletta,PE
AEA

If you have strong feeling about this issue PLEASE   contact  AEA

Send your comments to     admin(--nospam--at)aeaworld.org

or                                      NSPE(--nospam--at)aol.com

As always,

Bob  Johnson
SEAOI
NCSEA