"Delta Truss"?

We have been asked to design an elevated walkway at a
sewage treatment plant.  The span is about 55' and the
walkway is about 3' wide.  The new structure will be
replacing a structure consisting of steel joists which
are badly deteriorated.  The Owner would like to use
stainless steel.  We are considering designing a
triangular shaped truss out of pipes - similar to what
I see for some highway sign structures.  (Someone here
called it a delta truss but I am not familiar with
that name.)  Do any of you have experience with these
types of trusses for this type of application?  Any
things to watch out for?  Any published design
examples?
Thanks for your help,
Ken Peoples, P. E.