Re: "Delta Truss"?

We have done many trusses w/ the "Delta" X-section configuration as I think
you describe, although none are in stainless, just good old A-36.  The bottom
chords have been of various section types, but mostly either a round pipe or
an equal leg angle oriented at 45o.  Top chords were in the main tube
sections or wide flange, with web members being angles or pipe.  Example
structures for reference are the Events Facility and Gymnasium at Cal Poly
San Luis Obispo (a design award winner at the 1997 SEAOC convention), the Red
Morton Community Center in Redwood City, CA and the day ski-lodge at Kirkwood
Meadows, CA.  Hope these references help your search for examples.

Ephraim G. Hirsch, SE