RE: Marketing Structural Engineering Services

>I think this is an important topic for Structurals to look into as
>well, especially for those wishing to expand their services to new
>areas.
I've beenpart of a fair number of discussions and a few actual marketing
efforts, and 'm left with the impression that traditional marketing
approaches are ill-suited to engineering services. In the industrial area
good chemistry and a personal connection between clent and engineer seem
so important that face-to-face contact or referrals are the best
approach. I don't think there is a second-best. Where investigations are
part of the action or where reputations are riding on the outcome,
polished shoes and a firm handshake just don't do it.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw