RE: Web Stiffeners (& Thanks for the Slab Help!)[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Web Stiffeners (& Thanks for the Slab Help!)
- From: Charlie Carter <carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 11:41:42 -0500
>I'd like to have a rational procedure...short of FEA how
>would one determine the proper cap plate stiffness
>for the 'N' calculation to be appropriate?
This very detail, the required cap plate thickness and all appropriate limit states are covered at length in the AISC HSS Connections Manual.
Essentially, you wind up treating the cap plate in a manner that is similar to how we handle concentrated forces and stiffener requirements for end-plate connections.
- Prev by Subject: Web Stiffeners (& Thanks for the Slab Help!)
- Next by Subject: Weldability of Bolts
- Previous by thread: RE: Ungrouted Base Plates?
- Next by thread: Foam Over Underground Sewer