RE: Jamb Steel in Masonry Walls

I have done the same head scratching myself.  My situation was a 10'x20'
high door, with a 6' masonry "pier" with 12' long window, with another 6'
pier, with another big door.  I could not figure it out so I used angle
kickers on a bond beam back to the roof deck.  Kinda ugly but I felt better.

Brian K. Smith, P.E.