10/lw factor

The 97 UBC does not limit the 10/lw factor to a maximum value of 1.0 but the
1999 SEAOC blue book on page 8 does limit it to a maximum value of 1.0.  I
have read on this list that the current version of the IBC will limit 10/lw
for wood shear walls to a maximum of 1.0 but will not say anything regarding
concrete or masonry shearwalls.

It seems to me that the Blue Book should be enough to base our structural
designs on and therefore limit the 10/lw to 1.0 even though the 97 UBC does
not make the same statement.

	Am I going out on a legal limb?   What do you think?

	Stephen Fisher,SE