From: Jim Kestner [mailto:jkestner(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com]
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2000 7:29 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Marketing Structural Engineering Services

I think to kick this topic off, you need to define your targets. Most
firms limit their marketing effort to certain areas for a variety of
reasons. Some reasons may be profit margin, liability, too much
competition (too much marketing effort required to secure a project),
expertise, bad experience with a particular entity, etc.

Here is a partial list of some general marketing targets:

Architects (various building types may be included or excluded)
Engineers
Government Agencies
Professional Organizations
Manufacturers