Sent: Friday, May 05, 2000 9:55 PM
Subject: Re: More "furrin code" stuff

In a word: No.

However, the laws of physics are the same south of the border as they are
north of it. A good design there is also a good design here. Nothing stops
you from designing in limit states and "converting" the result to look like
it came from LRFD (or ASD for that matter). Indeed, this is what I often
do. All you did is take a different (and easier) path to the same answer.

Peter Higgins, SE

*   site at: http://www.seaint.org