Why people can't unsubscribe

> From: "Polhemus, Bill" <wlpolhemus(--nospam--at)sbinfra.com>

> Why is it that folks can figure out how to SUBCRIBE, no problem.
> But they are HELPLESS when it comes to unsubscribing!
> I've noticed this on every list I've been on including those I've owned.

I'm one of those people that believe that if a significant number of
people can't figure out the procedure then there is a procedural
problem. It's the interface issue that is broken, not the people. The
technology is our servant not the master.

One obvious issue is the fact that the unsubscribe instructions are
BURIED in the trailer. Secondly, have you noticed how many people refer
to being REMOVED rather than unsubscribed? Maybe the term is foreign to
them.

Perhaps, a slight change would be useful (see below)

--
Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project/International