RE: Why people can't unsubscribe

It's worth a try:o) I would also suggest the user go to the List Server page
on the SEAINT website (and this address added to the boiler instructions)
at: http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp. All the instructions for
subscribing, unsubscribe, changing to digest format etc is located on this
page. The process is simple - put your email address in the appropriate box
and the rest is done for you automatically.

One more comment. The only thing that allows technology to become are
masters is our own ignorance or undutifulness. The instructions include a
request to contact the administrator at seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org if you have
problems. These specific instructions occur on every post.

Then, why are specific instructions ignored?  Ignoring the process places an
unnecessary burden on those who are not our servants. Posting demands rather
than follow written instruction is, in my opinion, an inappropriate
attitude. If there is a legitimate reason for the demand, explain it. It may
soften the annoyance of the thousands on the list who must wade through
these unnecessary posts.

I apologize to those who have had legitimate problems unsubscribe. It is not
appropriate, in my opinion, to expect Shafat or whomever is maintaining the
server to search through 30 plus messages each day in order to isolate those
who need special attention. This is why the seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org address is
posted in the boiler plate. I am, however, supportive of any changes to the
written instructions that would help those who wish to leave the list do so.

Respectfully,

Dennis S. Wish, PE