Windload on Flags

The only article that I am aware of was published in the January-February
1986 issue of Building Standards Magazine and was based on research done for
the National Association of Architectural Metal Manufacturers.  The article,
"Measuring Wind Loads on Poles for Today's Large Flag," was authored by Jack
M. Roehm, P.E., Technical Consultant to NAAMM and does detail the test
methods used.  (The original article was published in Architectural Metals
magazine, issue and date unknown.)

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Dave Adams wrote:

>>Greetings,

I am looking for a reference that quantifies the amount of wind that a flag
will actually transfer to it's supporting structure.  Seems like there may
be a lot of variables involved.  Is there a publication that details the
results of wind tunnel tests or the like?

Any information would be helpful.<<