RE: ASP - Application Service Providers - how will engineers rece ive them????

Title: RE: ASP - Application Service Providers - how will engineers rece ive them????

oh boy, i can;t wait for the return to REAL computing.  it's ironic how an 8 bit operating system designed to relieve users of mainframe computing, was 'integrated' with a windowing user interface, has now come full circle back to remote sessions and output. and this is supposed to be progress (i used to run remote X sessions over a 14.4 modem while in school).

just think how much our profession struggles now to get reimbursables like plotting and transportation and parking paid for.  imagine what it will be like to make the client pay for rerunning models based on outside desinger's pipe dreams or relocaitng columns, realigning grids and what not.

call me pessimist but while these things sound like good ideas, i think their execution/implementaion will be far far off. you can almost bet that they will still make us use dongles too!

dennis