Re: ASP - Application Service Providers - how will engineers receive them????

'Sounds like something straight out of the White House to me.

"Power corrupts.  Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

ACAD 12 is no longer supported by Autodesk.  I bought the R14 upgrade.
Autodesk probably won't support it past this year.  If Autodesk were given
this *power*, you could expect a monthly fee, plus upgrade fees, plus
parking fees, and anything else they could dream up.

Multiply that single software *extortioner* by several hundred...  Can you,
with a straight face, say it's a good idea?

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561

----------
> From: Dennis S. Wish <dennis.wish(--nospam--at)gte.net>
> To: SEAINT Listservice <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
> Subject: ASP - Application Service Providers - how will engineers receive
them????
> Date: Sunday, May 07, 2000 4:45 PM
>
> I receive InfoWorld weekly and the reporting, along with fast Internet
> connectivity, has been in the strong support for Application Service
> Providers or ASP's.  I see some of this coming to the engineering
community
> and would like to know how other professionals feel about type of
service.