Flat Plate in Seismic Zone 4

I am designing a building in seismic zone 4. The architect has proposed
a flat plate structure on rc columns with concrete shear walls.
Of course, dual system is out of the question as UBC and ACI do not
allow
flat plate as a lateral force resisting system in zone 4. Can we design
the structure as a Building Frame System with Rw=8 with shear walls
taking 100% of seismic force and designing the flat plate system for
gravity loads and seismic moments induced by deformation compatibility.
This frame will be designed as Ordinary Moment Resisting Frame without
detailing for ductility.
If the above works out well, does it fulfil the intent of the code?
M. A. Mufti